Skip to main content

Productivity and diatribes.

So, this morning has been fairly productive. Is it sad that I count managing to sleep until twenty to ten as productive? I don't care if you think it's sad. I haven't been able to sleep much lately, and I had to get up to pee three, count them, THREE times last night, so the lie-in was particularly welcome. So there.

I also managed to change the cats chip details to the new address. Yes, we moved here in November. Yes, it's now halfway through March. It's still on my list of productivity. Stop being so nit picky.

You'll have to forgive my slightly crotchety attitude these days. While the nausea hasn't been as horribly overpowering this week, several other symptoms are vying to take its place. The current front runner for the role is... wait for it... ocular migraines! That's right, folks, the few I had a couple of years ago weren't the end of that particular story. Pregnancy hormones increase the amount of blood in your body, which causes some swelling, and one of the side effects is migraines. The ocular ones are particularly fun, the way they hit me is I get an electric looking wavy line through my vision in my left eye, then my peripheral vision disappears until about twenty minutes later when it clears and the headache hits. The one I had on Saturday turned into a headache that lasted through Tuesday.

I finally called my GP for an appointment to ask about the migraines, and the other weird little body issue I've got these days (my left hand has gone numb to the wrist three times in the last month, apparently another fun extra-blood issue). His answer was pretty much exactly what I expected, he can't give me anything for the migraines while I'm still in early pregnancy. At least he apologised (fairly profusely) for the fact that the hospital lost my first batch of blood, and I didn't even bring it up...

Himself has been beyond great during this whole kerfuffle. He's become pretty accustomed to coming home to find me curled up on the couch under an afghan looking miserable, and instead of getting frustrated with me or going out drinking with mates to delay having to come home to me, he's been trying to find solutions to make me feel better. On Tuesday, he brought home tiger balm (both the mint and the cinnamon types because he wasn't sure which smell I would prefer) that had been recommended by a coworker for headaches. He dispenses shoulder massages with impunity, and brings me drinks to my little nest on the couch whenever I want them. Lovely.

On a slightly more amusing note, Himself ordered us some furniture last week. We needed DVD storage space, they're all still in boxes, and to that he added a coffee table and a TV unit. The coffee table was meant to arrive on Tuesday, for which we were given a delivery window of anytime between 7am and 8pm (!!!). So I stayed in, not wanting to miss the delivery van. Come quarter to eight in the evening, Himself arrived home, and still no coffee table. I rang the company, who extremely unapologetically informed me that I'd have to ring the depot and that they were closed until the next morning. I gave up the fight there, took the depot's details and hung up. Himself sat in his armchair looking preoccupied, grumbling occasionally, until finally he embarked upon a fairly vehement diatribe about how we paid for a delivery slot and this was COMPLETELY unacceptable. I sat in awe as the vitriol spewed forth, then offered my suggestion that he could always call them back himself (expecting that he, in his hatred of speaking to phone line staff, would back down). Imagine my surprise when he proceeded to ring them back and give them the most emphatic bollocking I've ever heard him dispense to anyone in our entire time together! He spun out a story about how his wife had to take a day of holiday from her job and stayed home all day waiting for this delivery that never arrived, and when they suggested he call the depot he informed them that he expected them to call the depot and sort the problem, and then and only then were they to ring him back with their solution. Impending fatherhood seems to agree with him. *grin*

So, I'm planning to get a little more productive activity sorted out today. I might even, I don't know... do some laundry! I wish you all a productive day as well. x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The real deal.

So, I thought I'd been having cravings for the last couple of weeks because I've been eating loads of tuna and pasta, seemed like that was all I wanted to eat. Tuna sandwiches with a cup of tomato soup to dip them in, and egg noodle pasta for some reason. That is, until Monday night. Monday night, Himself called me on his way home from work as usual and asked if we needed anything (again, as usual). I said no, that I'd already been to the store but I wasn't really hungry anyway, and that I'd see him when he got home. I settled in with the cats on the couch and started flicking channels, getting the girlie TV out of the way so that Himself wouldn't have to suffer through it when he got home... Half an hour later, it struck. All of a sudden, out of the blue, I was starving. It wasn't the usual "go rifle through the kitchen until I happen upon something that looks edible" hunger. It was specific, overpowering, CRAVING hunger. What did I want,

Lazy weekend.

Bliss. Sun, moglets, sun, loads of good food, sun, and Himself. Good combo, let me tell you. We let the moggies out sans leads for the first time on Thursday (sporting their new collars and tags, and freshly dosed with flea drops), just for about an hour to see how they handled it. Both of them tore headlong into the flowerbeds in search of new smells and the occasional bug to eat. On Friday I left the back doors of the conservatory flung open to let the seriously amazing weather in and the felines out. This turned into me sitting in the conservatory for longer than I'd care to admit, book discarded to one side because watching them chase bees, butterflies and each other was more amusing. Saturday morning dawned clear and sunny, so I hied myself down to the conservatory (as I woke up around half six and thought Himself might rather sleep a LITTLE longer...) for a bowl of muesli, a cup of peppermint tea, some reading and yet more book neglecting as I watched the lunatics conti

Dreams and other nocturnal habits.

I've always been a dreamer, in the literal sense. From a very young age I've been able to remember my dreams, and once I started a dream one night and finished it the next. This sounds great, and I've had some seriously fabulous nocturnal journeys through time and space, but on the flip side, not all dreams are good ones. I've had some proper toe-curling nightmares, and some of the worst ones have been in my adult years. The reason this is on my mind particularly right now is that I had a pretty gnarly one night before last, and during yesterday's aforementioned pestering phone call to my sister I told her about it. She told me that her boyfriend had been doing a little reading about dreams in general, and had researched (and actually put into practice) a tactic of dreaming deliberately. The research he found described the way to consciously go to sleep with a certain event or setting in mind, which basically ensures where your dreams will go. Apparently this